660 HY WS PowerSafe
Motor mower with hydrostatic drive and assisted hydraulically controlled steering
For those who need to work in “no-limits” conditions and on steep slopes, BCS introduces the new 660 HY WS PowerSafe motor mower with hydrostatic drive and assisted hydraulically controlled steering system.
The 660 HY WS PowerSafe is the only hydrostatic motor mower in the world to be equipped with a patented PowerSafe hydraulic clutch with multiple steel discs in oil bath and connected directly to the engine.
The ergonomics of the easily operated levers together with the high drive and braking capability ensure easy manoeuvrability and a total and safe control of the unit, even in the toughest conditions.
The BCS 660 HY WS PowerSafe motor mower has 2 speed ranges (slow/fast) selected by the operator with a mechanical control situated on the handlebars, an automatic parking brake with manual release mechanism for forced manoeuvres.
The engines fitted include a Honda GX390 Alps 11.7 HP petrol engine, a Briggs&Stratton Vanguard 16 HP two-cylinder petrol engine and a Yanmar LN100 10 HP diesel engine prepared for use on steep slopes.
The versatility of the machine is guaranteed by an unlimited series of attachments, such as: cutter bars, heavy-duty mowers, lawn mowers and generally speaking all the attachments used for alpine haymaking and for uses in municipalities.
|Honda GX390 Alps
||8,7 / 11,7
||7,5 / 10
|Briggs & Stratton Vanguard
||11,9 / 16
The PowerSafe hydraulic clutch
ensures several advantages:
- Performance and Reliability of a hydraulic clutch with no maintenance, even in heavy use with alternating movement tools (cutter bars) or in use at a high inertia level (lawn mower or heavy-duty mower).
- Safety immediate machine stop due to an integrated automatic brake which stops both the machine and the attachment when releasing the handlebar.
- Comfort with elimination of preliminary stages for engine starting which runs continuously even when the operator releases the handlebar.
- Guarantee: the PowerSafe clutch unit has a 5-year extended guarantee.
Maximum width (without attachment):
- with wheels 5.0-10: 900 mm
- with wheels 5.0-10 twin: 1180 mm
- with wheels 5.0-10 + Super Bite: 1070 mm
- with wheels 23x8.50-12 Tractor: 1020 mm
- with wheels 21x11.00-8 Terra Tyre: 1180 mm
- with wheels 20x8.00-10 Lug Tyre: 1010 mm
- with wheels 20x8.00-10 Garden: 1010 mm
- with steel wheels 3x300: 1080 mm
- with steel wheels 4x400: 1240 mm
- Speed ranges: 2 ranges (slow/fast) forward and in reverse
- Hydrostatic forward motion command: via a single lever or a rotating knob, motorcyclist type, with central stop position
- Clutch: PowerSafe multi-disc in bath oil
- Final reduction units on both wheels
- Power take-off: at 990 rpm with mechanical coupling in oil bath and independent transmission control
- Independent steering clutch-brake mechanisms on both wheels
- Brake: automatic parking brake (Auto-hold)
- Driving position with handlebars adjustable in height and sideways, mounted on silent blocks to dampen vibrations
- Weight with GX390 Alps engine, 5.0-10 wheels, transmissions in oil bath and 135 cm cutter bar: 220 kg
Mechanical transmission at power take-off by means of gears in an oil bath.
Transmission from the gearbox main shaft to the hydrostatic unit pump by means of cylindrical gears in oil bath with helical teeth.
Transmission from the hydrostatic motor to the gearbox by means of cylindrical gears in oil bath.
Thanks to a single lever placed on the handlebars or a rotating knob, motorcyclist type (EasyRider version), the speed and direction of the machine can be adjusted continuously. This means an unlimited amount of gears are available for all operating requirements.
The forward speeds (with the engine at 3,600 rpm and 5.0-10 wheels) vary from 0 to 4.7 km/h in the slow range and from 0 to 7.0 km/h in the fast range; in reverse they vary from 0 to 4.3 km/h in the slow range and from 0 to 6.3 km/h in the fast range.
The automatic parking brake (Auto-hold) locks the machine in position at the grip limit even with the engine switched off, while a manual release mechanism protected by a safety lock to prevent accidental triggering allows forced manoeuvres to be carried out.
- EasyGrip: The "EasyGrip" lever control guarantees a high operating comfort especially for those operations requiring frequent direction reverse, such as greens maintenance and typical uses in municipalities.
- EasyRider: The "EasyRider" direction control by rotating knob, motorcyclist type, allows the operator to control the direction holding the handlebar with the right hand. This allows to better control the unit in deep slopes, such as cutting on hilly grounds. The knob rotates on ball bearings to reduce driving friction.
For both direction controls, a notch sector allows the operator to easily and repeatedly fix the position of the lever or of the knob. A central area without notches lets the lever or the knob to be positioned as desired, so that the machine can operate at a very slow speed.
This original mechanism independently controls the steering
clutch-brake mechanisms on the two wheels, affording the BCS 660 HY WS
PowerSafe excellent and practical usage on steep slopes. This gives the
machine maximum steering comfort, easy handling and perfect
control of the machine in operation.
The steering clutch-brake mechanisms with multiple steel
discs in oil bath are housed in closed cases on the two wheels.
The lever-operated steering controls, situated on either side
of the handlebar grips, are hydraulically-operated. The right steering
control is replicated on the left handlebar.